Monday, May 9, 2011

A Sneak peek at SHAKEN AND STIRRED FEATURING SIZZLE DIZZLE


Ladies and Gentlemen,
We are excited to say we have cooked up something special for you over at our weekly danceparty, Shaken and Stirred. Our party is now extended till 2am with a fuller cast, rooftop cookout, and superfine pre-show with live music. GoGo now starts at 10pm with burlesque sets at 10:30, 11:30, and 12:30am. The Secret Track shimmies in at 130 am and DJ JESS keeps the floor jumping till 2am. As always, complimentary huckleberry shots provided by 44 Degrees North Vodka.

And who might be our darling of tease this week? None other than the Mighty Minx: SIZZLE DIZZLE. You can find her this wed. shaking it in the Sugar Shack with DIVINA GRANDSPARKLE and JONNY PORKPIE. Making her debut this week is FOXY VERMOTH. And revving up your gogo engine is BOOTS LA MAE. As always, hosted by SCOOTER PIE and RUNAROUND SUE.

Interested in a learning a little bit about our featured performer before this wednesday? Take a peek my darlings,

SIZZLE DIZZLE

The Pint-Sized Powerhouse of Burlesque! Entertaining is in this energized lady's blood, having performed on both coasts of this great nation. Such venues include Public Assembly, Slipper Room, Niagara, Bar on A, Barrette, Union Hall, Identity, Rehab, Coney Island, Palace of Wonders, Hells' Kitchen Lounge, M Bar, Fat Baby, and Los Angeles's Sunset Striptacular, where she was crowned "Best Attack on the Audience!"
Bursting with extraordinary enthusiasm Sizzle Dizzle hopes you enjoy the show and reminds you the second most contagious action is a smile.



  1. What does Burlesque mean to you? When I describe burlesque to virgins, I call it striptease performance art. To me, burlesque is how I communicate a story, idea or emotion to the audience.
  1. How did you choose your name? I was once involved with a production company and my three business partners (knowing I was a trained Fosse dancer) gave me my name, Sizzle Dizzle
  1. Who was your first celebrity crush? Marvin the Martian- I loved the way he walked and that you could never see his full face.
  1. What are you reading these days and why? Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain. This will be my third time reading it and I read it when I'm in need of a creative tune-up.
  1. What is your favorite performance antecdote? At Drive Thru Burlesque's December show, I played God to Tigger!'s Virgin Mary- he blew me and then I fucked him doggy style. It was awesome!
  1. Please distill your life philosophy into either a couplet or haiku: I don't have one particular life philosophy but this is one of my favorite quotes that gets me through tough and trying times: "Enthusiasm...my tonic, the elixir for worn muscles, frazzled and outworn patience." (Charlie Chaplin)

7. How can the people find out more about you? My website: www.SizzleDizzleBurlesque.com and my monthly burlesque show I co-produce, Drive Thru Burlesque: www.facebook.com/drivethruburlesque

No comments:

Post a Comment