Oh goodness. We've curated such a high spirited night of high jinx for our 4/20 show I don't know if I can handle it. One of NY's most sultry and hypnotic performers, STORMY LEATHER, is our featured dancer this week. Joining her in our stellar cast is the criminally hilarious FEM APPEAL. Add a little NASTY CANASTA on gogo duty and you've got a heart stopping, heel stomping helluva good time! All this and free huckleberry vodka shots provided by our sponsor 44 Degrees North. No Cover! Come be a part of NY's best kept secret every Wednesday night at The Delancey (168 Delancey St., between Clinton and Attorney) Wanna stay abreast of all our shows? Check out our events page at www.sugarshackburlesque.com Now, what exactly did you miss last week? Well, they say the devil is in the details.. so hows about we just give you Scooter Pie's "Weekly Recap":
Woo-ee, did we have a slammin' show last night.. Can you believe it- RunAround Sue debuted TWO new jokes, one of which during our 1am Secret Track joke-off.. Scooter Pie did the Running Man, followed directly by the Roger Rabbit, all whilst singing.. gogo kitten Marinara Stardust was sweet AND tangy.. first-time S&S performer Evelyn Vinyl knocked 'em dead with an act to the Peter Gunn theme.. guest Boo Bess made us all feel naughty to the tune of "White Wedding".. this week's feature Medianoche embodied glamour beyond words.. AND we had a Shaken & Stirred rarity- a three-way gogo contest TIE culminating in a dance-off with lotsa clothing removal.. HOTNESS. Missed us? Fear not- catch us next (and every) Wednesday night, all night long.. XOXO!
And a special thanks to Neil of Fortune, Albert Cadabra, Don Spiro, Stormy Leather and all the other super fine performers who stopped by to shake a tail feather in the Sugar Shack. We had quite a lustful post show gogo set by one of our handsome audience members after the secret track. You never know what might happen on a beautiful night in New York... ahhhh, life <3
And now, on to the peeking....
- What does Burlesque mean to you? I'm not going to try to define burlesque but I will tell you what it's given me... Confidence, not only as an artist but also as a woman. It's given me a family and community of talented performers that are inspiring and encouraging. The freedom to express my ideas and sexuality without ever feeling ashamed. And the pleasure of turning someone on, or making them laugh or think by something I did on stage. I love to entertain.
- How did you choose your name? Burgundy Brixx's husband, The Purrrfessor, named me. I'm horrible at naming things. He rambled off a few clever things and then he said "Stormy Leather"... yep, that was it.
- Who was your first celebrity crush? Michael Jackson when I was 5... turns out I wasn't his type, lol.
- What are you reading these days and why? I just finished the Dubliners by James Joyce and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (I'm obsessed with that character!). Now I'm cracking open Patton Oswalt's ZOMBIE SPACESHIP WASTELAND. I'm a slut for good comedy.
- What is your favorite performance antecdote? I have quite a few but I'd have to say it was the first time I ever showed my vagina on stage. It was at the Box and Sting was in the audience. All I kept thinking was "Oh my gods! Sting just saw my vag!".
- Please distill your life philosophy into either a couplet or haiku: Life is way too complicated for me to sum up in a couplet or haiku. I'll give you one of my favorite quotes instead.... "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe
7. How can the people find out more about you? Stalk me on Facebook and twitter. I shamelessly whore any and every show I'm involved with. You can also check out my website (albeit a work in progress) stormyleathernyc.com.
Life is hard and you deserve a good time. We bring you one every wednesday night, because you deserve it! Come out and see us sometime.