Ever thought about giving burlesque a whirl? Up on stage or in the privacy of your own home? Sugar Shack Burlesque is excited to announce our Inner Vamp series at SHAG (www.weloveshag.com). Every third Friday of the month starting in May, Miss RunAround Sue will be offering a cheeky intro to the art of tease. Participants will learn the basic moods and attitudes of burlesque as well as classic choreography. Complimentary Champagne and a personal performance for the class by a rotating cast of NY's finest burlesque performers.
Find our more/register here:
So winter decided to come back and visit us this week, but did that stop the crowd- and performers- from rocking the hell out of Wednesday night at Shaken & Stirred? I think you can guess the answer.. NO WAY! Thanks to everyone who came out in the yuckiness last night to dance, party and play with us (still waiting for a few rounds of Seven Minutes in Heaven, though..), and take in all the goodness onstage, with a special shout-out to the band Soundspeak who had a gig going on downstairs and came up with their peeps afterward to see what all the fuss was about.
And now, on to some sneak peaking with BUNNY LOVE:
Featured Performer Profile – Shaken and Stirred
- What does Burlesque mean to you?My first thought is community, friends, fun, performance, creativity, art...and I think that's enough. I don't need to give you my textbook definition because if you're reading this you must already know.
- How did you choose your name?It was meant to be, Bunny is a nickname from college friends in New Orleans and Love was my Grandmother's maiden name which some how my parents neglected to work into my birth name so I had to do it myself.
- Who was your first celebrity crush?Michael Jackson
- What are you reading these days and why?Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill and why do you think? But I really should say trying to read it. I can't seemed to get past the first chapter. Now you really know why I'm reading it
- What is your favorite performance anecdote?Every time I step on stage!
- Please distill your life philosophy into either a couplet or haiku: The love you take is equal to the love you make.
7. How can the people find out more about you?It's very difficult, I was abandoned by my web designer and don't know how to update my calendar and I'm not one of those who post my every move on FB, but you'll see my name in other people's announcements and show flyers- or write to me and I'll let you know what's next!