Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sneak Peek at S&S Featuring Amber Ray and Recap of Last weeks Shaken and Stirred


Oh my goodness - what a wild wonderful time was had by all! Join us this week for another debaucherous ride at Shaken and Stirred when we featured the awe-inspiring AMBER RAY.

BIO
Amber Ray's pageantry is easily described as iconic. This variety vixen is a sensation in the evolving essence of pop art and culture. Her chameleonic qualities measure boundless variations and are sure to astonish you with her graceful confrontations and fantastical flamboyance. She is well known for her many characterized acts and adventures based on collaborations for style makers such as Anti-gravity, Susanne Bartsch, Thierry Mugler, Jackie 60, Penny Arcade and a thrivingly talented New York City performance community. She is inspired by classic burlesque, the freak chic, theater, high-fashion, old Hollywood and the feminine mystique visible in every era. You will find her most often amusing the masses through various cabaret, burlesque and variety stage productions, art installations, sitting for painters, photographers and designers as well as dazzling at high end events. Ardently sharing her love of style and luster in a purely spiritual expression, Amber Ray works as an artist, costume designer, singer, burlesque entertainer and all around creative force of nature. Promoting her love of glamour you can find her vending her personalized accoutrements. She regularly appears in various publications, and has cameos on cable & network TV. Brace Yourselffor her power-packed manifestations of absolute fabulousness.

Featured Performer Profile – Shaken and Stirred

What does Burlesque mean to you?
Divine Senusual expression.

How did you choose your name?
I was born with it.

Who was your first celebrity crush?
Davey Jones from the Monkees... in the 80s they were playing lots of reruns of their show!
It was my first concert too! Their 20th reunion tour!!!


What are you reading these days and why?
I am currently reading a book on Bowing Meditation as I have taken up studying a Korean form of Yoga called Dahn and am practicing every aspect of it.
I am also reading a book called Temptress about different types of seductresses and powerful women through time. I have dedicated my life to the art of seduction for about 15 years now... and the depth of my studies have really made the ancient feminine energy in me surface. I get high just reading these things.
I'm also reading a book on courtesans for the same reasons. I aim to be a powerful and loving force in the evolution of humanity and doing it though seduction is not only fun but thrilling.

What is your favorite performance antecdote?
seduction

Please distill your life philosophy into either a couplet or haiku:

To play, Love and Tease.
with huge Heart I'll please.

7. How can the people find out more about you?
Please join my facebook fan page (NOT my personal page, I can not add you)
My website (sadly VERY out of date, anyone want to help me with that?): www.amberray.net
Or you can email me and I will put you on my email list femmechatte@yahoo.com


And now, direct from the Lady's lips... Last weeks weekly recap brought to you by Scooter Pie:
No hyperbole here, last night's Shaken & Stirred offered up one of the most fun nights I've had with the show since I became RunAround Sue's Wednesday night partner-in-crime a year ago. This is good news, in case the world ends on Saturday. Guest Bazuka Joe of Chicago and Stage Door Johnnies fame was in town to turn us all on as a supersexy unicorn (I'll never listen to "Bolero" the same way again), gogo sensation for the evening Minnie Tonka brought the hotness all night long, while her Schlep Sister, Darlinda Just Darlinda made our jaws drop in the late-night set with her must-be-seen amazing act to "Rainbow in the Dark". RunAround Sue delighted us with a S&S debut act of wild cheetah-osity, I serenaded everyone with some Michael Jackson, and our featured lady of the week, Philly's own Lil' Steph, left us all with lusty grins on our faces. OH! And during our new game, "Two Truths and a Lie", we learned a new dirty word ("frottage"), and that it is not necessarily safe sex (ie: ouch). That's right, Shaken & Stirred is not just entertaining; it's educational, too!
Between the 11:30 and 12:30 sets, we had lots of famous performer friends in the audience (thanks to Calamity Chang, Shanghai Pearl, Apathy Angel, Jezebel Express, GoGo Harder, Lil Miss Lixx, Franny Fluffer and pals for coming out to play!), which quickly turned into one helluva wicked dance party on- and offstage.
Soo.. join us at the Delancey next week! The rooftop preshow barbeque has started for the season, so come get yer burgers and dogs, $3 huckleberry vodka shots, and give in to one incredible Wednesday night experience.
XOXO! SP

No comments:

Post a Comment