Friday, July 1, 2011

a Sneak Peek at our featured performer: HARVEST MOON


OH Yes, we love you... we do, and you know it because each week we offer up a tantalizing show full of good times, beautiful performers, and genuine laughter. Dance away your worries on our super fine dancefloor and enjoy a complimentary shot or two of Huckleberry Vodka. This week at The Delancey we are featuring HARVEST MOON - international sensation of burlesque, the aerial arts, and contortion. Revving up the lineup with Ms Moon are none other than the mesmerizing VOODOO ONYX and the southern sass and class of FLEUR DE LYS. Be there for the Sugar Shack Debut of C0RVETTE LA FACE and enjoy the gogo goodness of the darling DOTTIE DYNAMO. Never a cover, always a good time. Get there early for the 5$ rooftop cook out!

And now, on to the peeking:

HARVEST MOON


1. What does Burlesque mean to you?

Creatively projecting an array of splendor and skill through the medium of flesh.



2. How did you choose your name?

It was given to me in part by my parents when I was born, and in part by some pervert I met at the Pussycat Lounge strip bar in Manhattan.



3. Who was your first celebrity crush?
I think it was Bob Dylan? does that count?



4. What are you reading these days and why?
The New Yorker magazine... because i'm catching up on this huge stack of them I haven't been able to get to due to school reading.



5. What is your favorite performance antecdote?

the Exotic world pageant hasn't always been so organized. One year, while my troupe and I were up on stage in the ready-go position the DJ hit the " record " button on the tape deck instead of play. Yes, those were the days when you could bring a tape to the show. Luckily, I had a back up tape in the glove compartment of my car. I ran across the field to get it while the others waited patiently onstage. What a crazy moment...



6. Please distill your life philosophy into either a couplet or haiku:

To every burlesque darling who'll dare grace a stage, reinvent yourself no matter what age.


7. How can the people find out more about you?
www.missharvestmoon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment