Friday, June 10, 2011
A sneak peek at our featured performer for Shaken and Stirred: VELOCITY CHYLADD
The summer is heating up and wednesday nights at the Delancey are no exception. Each week we get a little more outrageous as we thrust oursevles into the great joy of being! Join us this week when legendary goddess of performance VELOCITY CHYLADD graces our stage as this week's featured performer at Shaken and Stirred. Our gogo sensation AIRIN DE SKIES gets the night going up on the gogo box and fellow nightlife vamps GAL FRIDAY and EVILYN VYNL add a even more decadence to an already insanely good line up! Each week hosted by our trifecta of tease: RUNAROUND SUE, SCOOTER PIE and DJ JESS. The party now goes till 2am with a pre-show roof top cookout from 7-10 and 3$ huckleberry vodka shots served from 12-1. Never a cover. Always a good time... because you deserve it <3
And now: On the the Peeking!
(photo credit: Alex Colby)
What does Burlesque mean to you?
- An opportunity to discover myself and disappear all at the same time. -
How did you choose your name?
- It was inspired by Father and my vagina. -
Who was your first celebrity crush?
- It would have been a toss up between Bill Murray and Donna Summer. -
What are you reading these days and why?
"Delta of Venus" - by Anais Nin
"Playing the Field" - by Mamie Van Doren
"The Seven Addictions and Five Professions of Anita Berber"
I am gearing up for the next "Naked Girls Reading" ;);)
What is your favorite performance anecdote?
- While performing with my band Vulgaras some years ago at a Harlem party - Hidden Shadows - a young woman rushed the stage, dove under my skirt and performed some skillful maneuvers between my legs with her mouth. I couldn't really do much about it because of the 200 or so screaming fetish vamps watching us, eventually her boyfriend pulled her off the stage. When the show was over I noticed that my labia ring was missing. I found out later that she was a professional piercer and was wearing my ring in her tongue. -
Please distill your life philosophy into either a couplet or haiku:
"Birthday of the dead, blazes a trial by fire,
Blood is lipstick red, painting the Ivory spire,
All the fears have fled, tripping the lively wire,
Laughing tears do shed, carnal dreams of desire."
7. How can the people find out more about you?