Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Meetings, Meetings, and more Meetings


So, this past weekend, Sugar Shack Burlesque produced the burlesque portion of the Anti-Pop Consortium show at the Knitting Factory. Albert Cadabra was our host and Gigi La Femme, Janis Dimilo, Pinkie Special and RunAround Sue did their best to shake up the crowd. It was actually the last burlesque show at the Manhattan location of the Knitting Factory - they will be relocating to Brooklyn in 2009. The Knitting Factory was one of the first places I saw burlesque -so I found it rather sentimental that I had the honor of being one of the last burlesque performers to dance there.

The next night I had a private party - word to the wise, always include travel expenses in your booking arrangements. The party was lovely and has motivated me to create a very basic terms of agreement between the client and the performer. Always learnin'

Sunday we had a show at Annabelle's in Red Hook and unfortunately the little jazz jewel just couldnt make it. The restaurant went under just hours before our show. So, put them in your thoughts - it's always sad to see someone's business suffer.

The economy is really tough this holiday season. Everyone is feeling it, and I'd like to encourage us all to remember that we're in this together. With everyone's wallets stretched a little thin - a kind word and a little extra patience could really go a long way. And get out there! If you start getting down about money and prospects, find support amongst your friends.

During the day on Sunday, Legs and I were going to wrap up a photoshoot for our Playing Cards project. We ended up needing to reschedule - but I've included a sneak peak from an earlier shoot. Sunday night Legs and I headed down to a little birthday shindig I had put together for my friend Sarah at Bowery Electric. I adore this new venue - and, spoiler alert!!! - be on the lookout for Sugar Shack Burlesque's new show there in early 2009.

Monday I was in the air - a delayed flight landed me in Richmond a little after 7 and within a couple hours I was sharing a few beers with Ringmaster Blackfire and the ladies from Sweet Tease Burlesque. We were going over a few details for our show in DC this Friday. If you're in the area, come out to the Palace of Wonders to support - 12/19, show at 10!

xo

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment